Jultra Truth. Freedom. Oh and the end of New Labour and Tony Blair, Ian Blair, ID cards, terror laws and the NWO and their lies

Monday, July 04, 2005

Lugradio

Since I discovered Podcasts about a week ago, I have really come to like LugRadio. For those who don't know it's a show about Linux (I guess LUG stands for Linux User Group?) and its pretty fucking refreshing compared to other podcasts in a similar techinal vein. It does a lot of favours for the Linux and Open source movement which is in desperate need of an injection of fresh publicity in my humble opinion and these guys have got that down really well.

Though I am not a huge Linux fan myself (I dabble around with Gentoo a bit on one machine) the LugRadio show has a lot of energy and gets some good interviews with the top people involved in all the famous open source projects like Gnome, KDE, Mono, etc etc. They are not afraid to ask the big the quesitons like where the fuck are Gnome and KDE going to ? Is it worth 'starting again' with Linux ? and stuff like that.

It's very English (as it would be) in it's style, and somewhat reminiscent of the early eras of home computing.

They tend to have it in for Mac users a little bit, but that's ok I'm no obsessed Apple fan, but actually it's probably the best technical podcast/radio show going.

To tie it in with the rest of what this blog has been about so far, they did an interview with the guy who runs the NO2ID campaign and it's well worth a listen. An interesting question which came up on the show was about why are the government still trying to push ahead with this crappy ID cards idea when they know it is going to cause enormous and monstrous problems. The NO2ID guy said after discussing it with several people they came to the conclusion that it was to do with the government's authoritarian instincts.

I think that's being very polite actually. The concept behind the Labour authoritarian agenda is something that needs looking into a little deeper. It's something I am going to return to in the future, because I think it's a really important subject, but be warned it's not going to make pretty reading.

Anyway, if you haven't yet, do check out Lugradio even if you are a Windows or Mac diehard, like I say it's about the best technical Podcast show around.

3 Comments:

Blogger aerotus said...

Ah interesting. This is a healthy addition to reading the Gentoo forums. I don't have an ipod(partly because it's everywhere in my country) but i have xmms.

You are nicked jultra on gentoo forums too?

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow a comment!, thanks for posting Aerotus.

I don't have an iPod either, but I just download and listen to the shows with a player like iTunes or xmms

I haven't logged in for a while to the Gentoo forums, I don't think it's jultra, I'll have to check my huge list of names for different sites

please stay in touch and thanks again

1:08 PM  
Blogger J.UL1R4 said...

Wow Matthew from the show! thanks for posting.

I love LugRadio I think it's great, I'm just so sorry my mention about LugRadio is sandwiched between a load of my crappy ranting about political stuff. I might well split off another blog to talk about tech and art stuff.

Thanks again for posting, and wish you continued big success with the show.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home