Jultra Truth. Freedom. Oh and the end of New Labour and Tony Blair, Ian Blair, ID cards, terror laws and the NWO and their lies

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Tony Benn: Labour MPs to blame

"I left parliament four years ago. Looking at it today, I now see it as the British equivalent of the Green Zone in Baghdad: heavily fortified and patrolled by police with submachine guns, with bulletproof glass separating the electors in the gallery from those whom they elected. But the press gallery has no such glass barrier, for there sit the embedded correspondents, as in Iraq, who are briefed every morning in Downing Street and emerge to tell us what they have been told, repeating the process under Big Ben after their afternoon briefing.[...]

What we are witnessing is nothing less than the erosion of parliamentary democracy and its substitution by a near dictatorship, as in the House of Lords forever being topped up by the prime minister's nominees - some of whom, we are told, have contributed to New Labour's campaign funds.[...]

It is no good putting all the blame on the prime minister; he cannot do what he wants unless the Commons votes for legislation he and his ministers introduce. Every single MP who has supported this legislation shares the responsibility. "
Guardian

My own comments some days ago:

"I have never liked Labour myself, but if I were a Labour MP, then I would be thinking hard that the party has been so damaged by this noxious agenda (to which even Blair seems a conduit to much of the time). It is not something I would want to be endorsing at all anymore. And that Labour have let themselves be dominated by this cancer speaks a lot about the character of those that still feed it within the party."

4 Comments:

Blogger goatchurch said...

"Every single MP" Does that include his son Hillary?

1:39 PM  
Blogger Gert said...

Years ago, I thought Benn had lost his marbles a little bit, but maybe I need to reconsider.

His statement certainly is close to how I feel about current democracy in the Blighted Kingdom.

Are we going to have to drag Prez Bliar the Third from the Black House, teeth gnashing the carpets, fingernails scratching the door frame? Cherie screaming and kicking?

5:31 PM  
Blogger Fancyclown said...

He never had any marbles. I Don't suppose Benn takes any blame in Labour not being in power throughout the 80's.

3:58 PM  
Blogger J.UL1R4 said...

You know I personally think Blair's heart isn't even in the job anymore which and hasn't been properly for some time. I don't know if he will need that much dragging in the end, but if does try and limp on for some while longer then I think Tony Benn has got the right idea.

I met Tony Benn once, seemed a very nice guy.

goatchurch that's a good point I don't know

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home